• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from Connecticut!!

Leonor

Hi, there!!
My name is Leonor, and just 4 days ago we adopted Lucia. She is a beautiful 11 months old, red tegu. As me and my son are trying to take good care of her (we are newbies), we are trying to learn lots of things about tegus, so we are very excited about this blog!!!
Lucia is not eating, and we were told this is normal. since she is adapting to her new surroundings. How can we make her feel more comfortable? Should we hold her for long time? Every piece of experience shared will be greatly experienced!!!

Attachments

• Lucia.jpg
    Lucia.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

Leonor

Here it is! This is the enclosure she has been living in for the last 5 months, that's what her previous owner told us. I am trying to feed her in a different space, a plastic bin, so she doesn't get food aggressive, in the kitchen. We have a bigger tank that we are planning to set up this week, where she can live until July (we are moving to Iowa), in the new house we'll build her a big custom made enclosure.

Attachments

• Lucia's home.jpg
    Lucia's home.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

Leonor

I need advice, please!!
We are moving in two weeks. It will be a 3 day road trip. We are taking with us Lucia, our one year old red tegu. How should I "pack" her? Should I put her in a big tank with lots of substrate, so she can bury herself? Should I put her in a clothed big bag, inside a box with some paper crumbled for cushion? She is not used to be in a car.
Any piece of advice you guys can give me, will be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Leonor

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi Leonor- I'd go with a cloth sac in a box with crumpled paper to be snug. If well-hydrated before you leave and if she is kept cool, I expect that she'd be alright.

Leonor

Thank you very much, Walter!!!
May I ask one more question? Should I leave her in the box the entire trip, or should I try to get her out every night, try to feed her, give her a bath? Boy, I really feel like a first-time-mother here!!! Thanks again!!!!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thank you very much, Walter!!!
May I ask one more question? Should I leave her in the box the entire trip, or should I try to get her out every night, try to feed her, give her a bath? Boy, I really feel like a first-time-mother here!!! Thanks again!!!!
You're welcome. My inclination is leave her dark and cool and pretty much alone unless you feel there is a need. Much less stress this way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602