• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Greetings from North Carolina

Ant

Hello,

I don't remember when I was first fascinated in reptiles, but I do know that I've been wanting to have a lizard buddy for over 5 years. I've waited quite a bit to ensure it wasn't just a phase. In the meantime, I've been watching videos, reading articles, books, and discussions about these fascinating creatures.

I've decided to go for the Argentine Black and White Tegu for multiple reasons, but if I were to pick an attribute, it would be their intelligence. Usually intelligent species will have a wider array of personalities. I'm curious what character the Tegu would become, and what could we learn from each other.

I don't have my Tegu yet, and I'm still far from getting one. I'll need to wait for my apartment lease to expire before I can move to a place that allows reptiles. In addition to that, I'll need to gather supplies for the Tegu. I would feel comfortable to have a working and tested enclosure before obtaining one. I'll post a separate thread about the enclosure plans. I feel like this is the most appropriate website to ask questions to be best prepared before the purchase.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello,

I don't remember when I was first fascinated in reptiles, but I do know that I've been wanting to have a lizard buddy for over 5 years. I've waited quite a bit to ensure it wasn't just a phase. In the meantime, I've been watching videos, reading articles, books, and discussions about these fascinating creatures.

I've decided to go for the Argentine Black and White Tegu for multiple reasons, but if I were to pick an attribute, it would be their intelligence. Usually intelligent species will have a wider array of personalities. I'm curious what character the Tegu would become, and what could we learn from each other.

I don't have my Tegu yet, and I'm still far from getting one. I'll need to wait for my apartment lease to expire before I can move to a place that allows reptiles. In addition to that, I'll need to gather supplies for the Tegu. I would feel comfortable to have a working and tested enclosure before obtaining one. I'll post a separate thread about the enclosure plans. I feel like this is the most appropriate website to ask questions to be best prepared before the purchase.
You bet. Glad you're here. Plenty of good advice and past experiencee. You're right. These intelligent (by our standards) do have a wide range of interesting behaviors we can percieve.

In the meantime check out various threads.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam