• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

General discussion

Zion DeMore

Hey everyone, new to the site, have had an Argentine red for well over 2 years now, and I want to feed him other meats and food but I find alot if contradicting sites and it's usually just half cooked chicken but his feces is always runny and liquidy and smells bad, and usually he sleeps all day, I was wondering if anyone in here knew about any of that and could help.

Thanks,
Zion DeMore

Cody096

I'd switch to ground turkey over chicken, no cooking, add in a good portion of fruits and veggies. Whole prey would be even better than supermarket ground turkey. Reptilinks also has stuff with premixed fruits and veggies along with whole ground. A good site to buy rats and mice is rodentpro, and haretoday offers great deals on whole ground prey.

Cody096

Chicken, especially half cooked chicken, is not a good staple diet. It lacks greatly in just about all of the nutrients the tegu needs.

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Nutritionally, ground meat is ground meat, doesn't matter one bit if it's turkey, chicken, beef, or Galapagos tortoise. Unless something else is added, it's little more than protein, lousy in minerals. Some may be higher in fat content depending on what all "meat" gets ground up, but that's about the only thing that really changes.

Cody096

He doesn't state whether or not the chicken is ground, for some reason I just imagined cut up bits of chicken lol. Ground is much easier to add vitamins, calcium/bonemeal, fruits, and vegetables.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced