• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

FOUND!!! Cypress mulch out west! CHEAP!!!

Beasty

5 Year Member
This is how I found cypress mulch:
ACE Hardware carries their own brand of cypess. I've seen it offered online at different places for INSANE prices + shipping which comes to around $30 a bag!
Nope, NO good!
Go online to acehardware.com find the store near you and give them this order number: 72242
They'll likely tell you they don't carry it in store. Duh!
You then tell them you want it brought into the store.
They'll tell you it's a "raincheck" item and you'll have to pre-pay for it and they'll call you when the truck comes in. (make note of the store number and truck delivery days in case they forget you)
It's ACE brand Cypress Mulch in a 2 sq.ft. bag at $4.79 a bag!
It's Wednesday now. I'll have my mulch by Monday at a nice price + NO delivery fees or shipping! Just go pick it up when it comes in!!
Schweet!!!
I sincerely hope this helps some folks out. I know it can be a pain to get out here but this makes it too easy!

Mods, you might wanna sticky this to make it easier to find for future reference!
Enjoy your tegus!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Beasty said:
I sincerely hope this helps some folks out. I know it can be a pain to get out here but this makes it too easy!

Mods, you might wanna sticky this to make it easier to find for future reference!
Enjoy your tegus!
Done!

Beasty

5 Year Member
whoru said:
i get my mulch for 3.78 a bag at lowes an it ita huge bag....
Define huge and is that in store?
Here in Utah you can't get mulch in store anywhere, period. That's why I suggested a sticky. I'm sure neighboring states have the same problem and this might help them out. Finding mulch here is very difficult, which is frustrating as I'm from the southeast where it's wicked cheap and very plentiful.

Thanks Dave! :roon
:chin Maybe substrate would be a good category to add to the forum where folks could find it cheaper and easier in their areas.
Alternatives, the good, the bad and the "ugly but it works".
Something to consider. Gotta keep 'em on something!

whoru

5 Year Member
yes that is in store an it is 3 cubic feet or 85l i can take a pic if u like

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/b6aLKiXrvcZFORr6oYrFVA?authkey=Gv1sRgCMmeopDE_YCZzQE&feat=directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/b6 ... directlink</a><!-- m -->

Beasty

5 Year Member
Richard21 said:
Can I do the same thing you did beasty if I live in California?
Can't hurt to try! All they can say is no. (but I'd try to coerce them anyway ;) )

Beasty

5 Year Member
HandsomeJack said:
Holy crap.. I get it for 1.99 a bag.. 2 cubic feet each bag.
Yeah, me too, when I lived in Florida.

If anyone else has success with this method please let us know!

Reflektr

5 Year Member
I live in Illinois, and it's all over around here! For way cheap too. I actually have an unopened bag in my back yard left over from when I was planting...Too bad I don't have a tegu yet to keep that lonely bag of mulch company lol.

herper9

5 Year Member
I tried it up here in Idaho and they said that their shipping facility is no longer carrying it. Go figure, so I grabbed their Coconut bark. Covers 12 square feet at 2 inches. Not too bad. Way cheaper than where I work too.

Beasty

5 Year Member
Cool.
I still have the rest of my stuff for sale. Tegus have been sold and shipped.If you have need/interest let me know.

Beasty

5 Year Member
ACE hardware has their own brand. It's not anyone else's to start with. They should have it still. I got some not 2 months ago.

CuriousTegu760

5 Year Member
ooo u did, ya i called the 2 local ace hardware store where i live and they said they dont carry that cypress mulch. They told me to order it online but i couldnt find that brand either online so ya.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Two Bananas Marinade said:
I found some in Redlands Ca for a large bag about 50 bucks. Like getting 5 bags for the price of 4. I will have to get actual size.

Did you find this at Ace?

herper9

5 Year Member
Our Ace up in Idaho isn't carrying it anymore either. I don't know if it is just a seasonal thing or what. They told me that none of their warehouses have it either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny