• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Enough UVB/Calcium? Need Answers

Jack Curry

Hello, I was wondering if my Tegu was reviving enough UVB and calcium to keep his bones healthy. I have a 100 W basking lamp that has UVB in it but not all that much (if that makes sence). I dust his food in Calcium and feed him raw eggs with every meal. I've had his since February and he seems to be really good. No signs of bone disease or sickness related to low Calcium. I am also on the works of building him a nice sized cage (6x2x2) and am going to put a 10" UVB light strip in there. Any answers are appreciated.

Guman

Either feed whole pray or ground whole pray!! I am dealing with a fuy who has MBD due to a diet much like yours.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If at all possible increase the size of the enclosure that you will be building. I cannot say that 8' is better than 6', but it's better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced