• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Do I feed my tegu? Just woke him up from hibernation

Talon1992

5 Year Member
So here's the situation. I just move to a new place so I didn't have much of a choice. I would not have woken up my little guy had I not been required to. I set up his new digs and immediately brought him over. He's been awake for about 45 minutes now and is checking out his new place and coming in and out of his hide. When i got him a few months ago he went right into hibernation, he's probably close to 12 inches. I don't know if he's gonna go back under or not and I read that you shouldn't feed them right before they go down because it can rot in their got. I got him in December and I live in Southern California, so the temperatures don't often get too cold. The coldest it gets in the house is low 60s but I have a ceramic heater and heating pad set up for night time. Any thoughts?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Set him up on a 12/12 hr light/dark with mid-upper 70s F hide and 115F basking site. Offer food at your discretion. Appetite will gradually increase.

Talon1992

5 Year Member
Set him up on a 12/12 hr light/dark with mid-upper 70s F hide and 115F basking site. Offer food at your discretion. Appetite will gradually increase.
He basked a little bit, and then he went back into his hide and covered up the entrance, which was what he did when he first went under, if you not mind me asking, do you have an opinion as to what I should do now?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He basked a little bit, and then he went back into his hide and covered up the entrance, which was what he did when he first went under, if you not mind me asking, do you have an opinion as to what I should do now?
Leave him be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam