• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

DJANGO

iraw50

5 Year Member
hello everyone just thought i would post an update on the progress that i am having trying to train my new daddy Ira. Well, today i've been in my new home a little over two weeks(i heard him tell a friend of his>>>. so when he got home i kind of acted like. i didn't see him, so i didn't want to make it toooo easy on him so i made him think he tricked me, and "let" him catch me. we went into this nice warm room, and he put me in the water
ummmmm that feels so good<so i decided i wanted out so i splashed him a couple of times and he let me climb all over him and then i let him know that i liked himummmm its good to be home.

P.S. thanks to all you other big people out there for letting my new daddy learn how to take care of me, I think i'll keep him...Django:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG091.jpg
    IMG091.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG083.jpg
    IMG083.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG090.jpg
    IMG090.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 89

iraw50

5 Year Member
Well.Django has finally lost it!! he wanted out for the first time today without me coaxing him.when i put my hand in and he started climbing out, i went to pet him, and, he swole up like he thought he was Godzilla or something!! i removed my hand from under him, continued petting him till he calmed down,then i locked the door and sat beside the enclosure. He started throwing mulch around,jumping at his light, standing up on his hind legs, trying to climb the back wall!!i never thought i would see a lizard throw a temper tantrum, but i did today.Now my thought on the matter is "he should not be allowed to touch me if i cannot touch him".Before , it was me initiating the contact, but now he knows i am his way out, and he is coming to me!!ALL suggestions,comments welcome.I think we might be getting across the humpIMG100.jpg IMG103.jpg IMG100.jpg IMG103.jpg

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Taming is so hard. There is no one way to do it because each animal is different. Getting out of the enclosure is always a nice reward though. ;)

iraw50

5 Year Member
Hello every one,Django and I haven't been on here for a while, and honestly, I spent the time that I would have been on here bonding with him.
We have gotten really close, I am constantly amazed at how intelligent he is! He is now eight months old and is 44 in. long nose to tail. He wears his harness well . We have been outside in my yard and he seems pretty cool with the whole idea his new enclosure is 8x8x3 I am in the process of putting in a waterfall and some sod. one side with his uv will be mulch , the other side with his daylight will be sod and the waterfall, i'll post pics when i'm done ,but here he is at 8 months old;p.s.full size bathtub

Attachments

• IMG195.jpg
    IMG195.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG196.jpg
    IMG196.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG193.jpg
    IMG193.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG197.jpg
    IMG197.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 67

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats! He looked great at one year. Great see a pic of him now. Good job.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam