• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Critique My Enclosure Plans

Tucker

Hey y'all, I have yet to purchase my first Tegu, planning on adopting one from a TegusOnly.com so it will be a B/W Argentine around 24" long (or old/large enough to confirm as being a Male).

I have gone to Home Depot and made a materials list and priced everything out and now I have a rough sketch drawn up to scale (picture below). I was hoping y'all could critique my planned build and help me improve my design if there are any shortcomings (other than my chicken-scratch handwriting, lol apologies). Any and all advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

*edit: A few helpful side notes- the scale is 0.5"=1 ft, the material is melamine, the area labeled "substrate" and shaded in is not exposed substrate it is behind melamine (think see-through), the shaded cross hatched looking area on the top view is chicken wire. Any other things that aren't quite clear in the sketch just let me know and I'll explain the methods to my madness!

Attachments

• IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    1,000.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    993 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Zyn

Looks good do you think you'll have humidity issues with the chicken wire. Or do you live somewhere that already has high humidity

Tucker

Looks good do you think you'll have humidity issues with the chicken wire. Or do you live somewhere that already has high humidity
East TN is fairly humid during the summer, winter tends to dry out. I also plan to install a small humidifier. Haven't quite worked that into the blueprints yet.

I plan on making two doors, one that opens top down and the other bottom up with some sort of a prop stick or hook that will hold the door open.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Make sure that the chicken wire is above his reach. Much sharper than it appears.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced