• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan tegu isn't eating.

Emiliano zarco

I got a chacoan tegu about a week ago, and he hasnt eaten anything. He comes out to bask and explore a bit. And hes active. But ive tried to feed him so many things and he doesnt seem interested. Ive tried superworms, crickets, turkey, fruits and vegetables. And nothing seems to work. Im getting nervous because hes starting to look way skinner then when i first got him. Any advice why he wont eat?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got a chacoan tegu about a week ago, and he hasnt eaten anything. He comes out to bask and explore a bit. And hes active. But ive tried to feed him so many things and he doesnt seem interested. Ive tried superworms, crickets, turkey, fruits and vegetables. And nothing seems to work. Im getting nervous because hes starting to look way skinner then when i first got him. Any advice why he wont eat?
Would you post a photo of him please? Normal for them to not eat for a bit when in new surroundings. Also, winter slowdown varies among individuals. Being skinny, however, is not good.

Emiliano zarco

Would you post a photo of him please? Normal for them to not eat for a bit when in new surroundings. Also, winter slowdown varies among individuals. Being skinny, however, is not good.
All good now ! He finally ate and hes doing great almost went a month without eating, thats why i was getting nervous

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced