• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan Giants!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The largest tegu is the Chacoan white giant tegu, or the Extreme giant tegu. Extremes are in my opinion a different local of the Argentine black and white, however without DNA testing or a proper scale count it could also be found to be a separate species than the normal black and whites. These animals can reach over 60 inches and over 20 pounds in weight and by far the largest of all the tegus.

The babies are also much lighter in color than the normal Argentines.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is so bad ass!!! I was wondering, do the different variations/species of Tegu's ever cross paths in the wild? Potentially leading to hybrids?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It could happen, it is not way off the road that many have taken IMO. I think it is a very valid question.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
how is that Varnyard is the only one with Chacoan giants? there are guys like Rick, and Bert, but i don't see them with Chacoans, Why?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, they just don't have any, bottom line. Rick did try to pass off normal white heads last year as the same as mine, but truth be told no other breeder has these but me.

However, I do have normal white heads, and they are not the same animals. I just wanted to clear that up.

Normal whiite head baby, I might add awesome white head.

DSCN1542.jpg

DSCN1703.jpg

Extreme or Chacoan giant:

DSCN1569.jpg

DSCN1566.jpg

Do not be fooled by imitations, get the real thing if you are going to get one.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
oh, ok, that's very cool, Bobby must be very proud
i can clearly see the difference with the Chacoan giants, and the black and whites, the chacoans seems to have a little bit of orange in them as babies, wut gentle giants they are

G

KoreanDeathKid said:
oh, ok, that's very cool, Bobby must be very proud
i can clearly see the difference with the Chacoan giants, and the black and whites, the chacoans seems to have a little bit of orange in them as babies, wut gentle giants they are

I have to be honest bro. If you're gonna get a teg, Bobby is where to go. Hell, make the drive, get your teg and smuggle him home. Nothing makes me madder than the idea that I didn't buy a Giant White from Bobby. I love my Apollo, but I'd really rather have got a Red and a White from Bobby. Curses.

mdmtmm

5 Year Member
I may have to pick one of these up when they hatch. I love the coloring on the babies. Now that I know whats up on these guys, I would be sure to get it from Bobby as well.

olympus

5 Year Member
I only trust Bobby; every question you ask him he has an answer and an explanation for everything. He has examples and proof of everything he says. Also he will bend over backwards to help you, hell of a guy. I'm currently waiting on a chacoan that I put a down payment on.. I know it's gonna be worth the wait.

COWHER

5 Year Member
i to am going to buy from bobby. because like every one will tell you he is a hell of a guy! :lol:

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
if only I wasn't a poor college student!! I would love to get a giant from Bobby!!! Maybe after I make my milllions muuahhahahah

COWHER

5 Year Member
some in here
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=199">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=199</a><!-- m -->

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Would you be able to house a chacoan giant adult in a 6.5' x 40" x 27" enclosure? I would be letting him out to roam often aswell. Just wondering for future reference as I would love to get one in the future.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So just to be clear...the white heads would not be considered extreme because they don't get as big right?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No, it is size, color, pattern and pure mass. I have a bunch of White heads, they are nowhere close to being the same animals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602