• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bearded Dragons & Uromastyx

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
So a woman called my children's museum offering to donate a three year old beardie because she couldn't keep it anymore. We already have a bearded dragon, although the tank could easily house two and my boss prefers to get new species than duplicates of what we already have. The woman has nowhere else to turn so I figured I would take it myself. Can you house a bearded dragon in with a pair of mail uromastyx? I house my uros in a 60 gallon tank that many moons ago house my old beardied (RIP Godzilla). At one point, I had three uromastyx comfortable in that tank. I know both species love a nice, hot desert setup, but I just want to make sure they'll get along. My uros are a bit on the shrimpy side; the male, Spike, is about 10 inches long nose-to-tail and the female, Rex, is several inches shorter. Rex has no personality whatsoever, but Spike is aggressive and likes to bite. Rex is missing the end of her tail and part of a toe because of him. I figured since bearded dragons are so much bigger there wouldn't be too much of an issue but I just wanted to make sure. All advice is most appreciated.

adam1120

never had a uro but dont they need wayy more hotter temps and basking? and i wont never risk two different animals togeter:D

Tikikitty95

I know they can get along but living together may not work out. I put a female beardie in with my pair of uros and when the male tried to mount her it turned pretty nasty. It would probably work if they were all girls or if the beardie was a boy but be careful.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is recommended to not house same species together generally and extremely frowned upon to house different species together.

babyyitslove

You can. I've had both. They have to be the same in size though, and here has to be a cooler basking spot for the bearded. I didn't house mine together, but they bathed and hung out together often. I have also seen them housed together at appropriate sizes.

My beardie was a female and the uros were male.

Virus

I wouldn't house them together. They both need pretty different living conditions, and beardies can get territorial.

Heh, I have four beardies and each one has their own 4x2x2 enclosure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam