• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bearded dragon(s) or red tail boa for 4x2x2

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
My kids have all done this to me at some point or another... two snakes were 'surrendered ' to mom...but honestly, i take care of all the animals in the house anyway. Haha. And I don't allow them to rehome. My rule is that if you want something be sure you can commit to the lifespan. Myself, I'm worried who's going to take my babies when i die? I feel sometimes they'll outlive me! Haha. Anyway... i don't use melamine because if not sealed right or gets scratched it swells up and all done. I used wood. But for the snakes we plan on those racks BUT that we can see through and open from front. I enjoy being able to see them even when not holding them. My bearded was kept in big walmart clear tub with screen top until it cracked. Now she's in 40 gal breeder. I'd go for boa maybe only because i tend to feel snakes are a bit easier ...no nail clipping, etc. And they get pretty big right? A nice big snake wrapped around you at the beach or about is always fun. Beardeds i think might be harder to be 'out and about ' with :)

Jstew

From my experience the red tail I work with is curious but at her own pace. She's 7 years old and maybe not the most exciting snake but she's very sociable and not head shy. I'd take that over active any day.

Dirkthejerk41

I think i am going to rescue a red tegu. He is in pretty bad shape last time I saw him, so if he is still available, I plan to acquire him. :)

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Rescues are always so rewarding. Wildlife and pets :) they have always been my favorite and seem to have such unique personalities...as if they 'know ' what you have done for them.

mike97

If u seal it then the melamine will be fine! But my beardies were very active and friendly! But yet I would recommend a desert iguana or a blue tounged skink. Something that's not as common as a BD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602