• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

B&W Tegu and Education

Sarahtonin04

Found out recently that my Tegu is male! I assumed he was (I'd been wanting a female) I could not be happier with this guy. He has been such a joy to have in my life. I've been working on getting him well socialized in hopes that I can use him to educate in my area. I was appalled at the lack of knowledge and the amount of people that think these guys are mean and dangerous. I get that they could be but I feel it's our duty to educate the general public. These guys depend on us to help them. My guy came from Florida where they are being killed due to the fact that they aren't indigenous.
911f48b3e0f39661cdc67dd811585ea6.jpg
600867b7c50b93f896f3b3bd1cf1f934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Found out recently that my Tegu is male! I assumed he was (I'd been wanting a female) I could not be happier with this guy. He has been such a joy to have in my life. I've been working on getting him well socialized in hopes that I can use him to educate in my area. I was appalled at the lack of knowledge and the amount of people that think these guys are mean and dangerous. I get that they could be but I feel it's our duty to educate the general public. These guys depend on us to help them. My guy came from Florida where they are being killed due to the fact that they aren't indigenous.
911f48b3e0f39661cdc67dd811585ea6.jpg
600867b7c50b93f896f3b3bd1cf1f934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My three are from Rodney as well. Welcome to the Tegusonly club!!!

dpjm

5 Year Member
My guy came from Florida where they are being killed due to the fact that they aren't indigenous

This is the unfortunate but necessary way to deal with them as invasives in Florida, though the problem will probably never go away. Say good-bye to all the ground-nesting birds.

I really respect you guys who are buying Florida wild-caught tegus, it is by far the most responsible way to acquire a tegu. Really, I find it is irresponsible at this point to breed tegus at all as so many are potentially available from Florida.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602