• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Argentine/Colombian Cross??

DavidRosi

Pre-tamed tegu? I wouldn't like that. The fact I've put in hours and hours of patience and work into getting my Colombian to a much tamer and comfortable state is golden; I'd hate to lose that.

Ok so i went into my local reptile store today and there was a new tegu there. The guy told me it was a cross between a Gold Colombian tegu and a Black and White Argentine tegu. I looked at it and it looked like an Argentine. However the coloring was a brownish/gold color. It has the two loreal scales and the striping down the back. So is this a true hybrid or a odd colored argentine? The picture isn't so great. I'll take a better one next time i go.

17676720120828_170201-med.jpg
this is a true hybrid i own one tupinambis merianae black and white colombian cross with an Argentine black an white an she does have gold on her big time ill take a pic an put it up on here shes an amazing lil gu!!!!!!
jesse longden
a2d2ca01cfa150792eb79294e199a59c

new hampshire USA

i have a tegu have had it since a baby there extreamly inteligent an i have been working with her for some time can not get her off an egg kick tho but she dont seem to mind it but i offer her crickets ,mealworms and everything i eat an she wont even react to it she has no food reaction but she is very healthy shes a hybrid a mix of columbian an argintene black an white shes a sweety she under stands her name an everything for all those that want a tegu i suggest getting it young if ur not experianced they are wonderful pets

got10

this is a true hybrid i own one tupinambis merianae black and white colombian cross with an Argentine black an white an she does have gold on her big time ill take a pic an put it up on here shes an amazing lil gu!!!!!!
jesse longden
a2d2ca01cfa150792eb79294e199a59c

new hampshire USA

i have a tegu have had it since a baby there extreamly inteligent an i have been working with her for some time can not get her off an egg kick tho but she dont seem to mind it but i offer her crickets ,mealworms and everything i eat an she wont even react to it she has no food reaction but she is very healthy shes a hybrid a mix of columbian an argintene black an white shes a sweety she under stands her name an everything for all those that want a tegu i suggest getting it young if ur not experianced they are wonderful pets
put up some pics of your cross. Im sure there are tons of people that would LOVE to see what that looks like. I would really be interested in pics of the scale patterns of the lips and head. where did you pic this animal up as well

Kayla leanne

There's nothing really even that special about that baby (except that it's a wonderful tegu). Mine looks just like that, I'm in California, it's a captive bred even. doesn't make it futon the wild, doesn't make it special, doesn't make it a cross, nothing too spectacular. That's also a pretty average price for here.

Attachments

• 1384420303314.jpg
    1384420303314.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115

Roadkill

5 Year Member
this is a true hybrid i own one tupinambis merianae black and white colombian cross with an Argentine black an white

Sad that this statement slipped by so many of us. Tupinambis merianae is not a Colombian tegu, it is a synonym for the currently acknowledged Salvator merianae, so this this statement is essentially saying you have a S.merianae crossed with an S.merianae: this would NOT be the cross you are saying it is.

bfb345

There's no way anyone has a Salvator m. Crossed with a Tupinambis t. That is captive bred because no one currently breeds Columbian tegus in captivity at least successfully and in the wild this cross would be fairly unlikely and I'm sure it would be just as unlikely in captivity.

bfb345

Yeah and breeding to a black and white well haha that's another whole saga of books lol not just a story!

Tegu's tank

I have a 2 year old female Argentinian. I went out and bought what I was told at the pet shop a male juvenile, about 2 - 3 months old. The price was, I suspect, too good to be true. The more I get to know Tank, that's what I named him, the more I believe him to be a Columbian. I think that this pet shop chain fed me a line of boe-boe to make a quick sell. Pease, tell me if I've been snookered and Giggins, my female, will not be getting any from Tank, ol' Boy.
I would also like to know if they can be house together now, or at what age, if any,

Attachments

• IMG_20140625_124400_147.jpg
    IMG_20140625_124400_147.jpg
    944.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20140625_124305_008.jpg
    IMG_20140625_124305_008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tank is a Colombian tegu, 100%. Your female Giggins (if she's an Argentine), should never be housed with Tank.

If she's a Colombian, then it may be possible.. But only later on, after quarantine, etc.

N8bub

Unless you have experience with artificial insemination and a last name of Moreau it's probably not gonna happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam