• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Aggresive and Flighty after move.

Futterwacken698

My tegu Toothless has been acting very bizarre. We just moved to Colorado from California and every since the move hes been very standoffish. He used to,for the most part, be very calm and curious and sit on my shoulder while I moved about the house. Now hes flighty,has tried to bite my fingers and pantleg,and refuses to be held. Is it possibly the higher altitude effecting him? If any one has experienced anything similar or has any advice please let me know. Thank you.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My tegu Toothless has been acting very bizarre. We just moved to Colorado from California and every since the move hes been very standoffish. He used to,for the most part, be very calm and curious and sit on my shoulder while I moved about the house. Now hes flighty,has tried to bite my fingers and pantleg,and refuses to be held. Is it possibly the higher altitude effecting him? If any one has experienced anything similar or has any advice please let me know. Thank you.
My guess is that the new home is confusing and scaring him. Will need time to adjust. Tough as they are, young and old ones alike are nervous from moves and take time to settle in. Talk to him and hang out near him, but don't bother him for a few weeks.

Rhysandfish

My guess is that the new home is confusing and scaring him. Will need time to adjust. Tough as they are, young and old alike are nervous from moves and take time to settle in. Talk to him and hang out near him, but don't bother him for a few weeks.
I agree.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Maybe also put a used shirt in his hide to reassure him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced