• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Gibran

She might just turn out looking like this tegu hector has said to be a 100% het albino blue tegu. Hope he don't mind me posting it on here :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
@Walter1 you think you can help or bring in people to help me indentfying and such .-.

Mixes like this are too complicated to verify by looking. Could be why not so many responses. For it to be a blue, it will acquire a burnt nose and I THINK a black teardrop under the eye.

Regardless of its stated cross, my expectation is for the red to increase over time. How much, I don't know. Red is genetic but not so well yet understood.

Do you mind sharing the name of the breeder? Ok if you don't but what matters in this case is trust. Basically, if the vendor is the breeder and that breeder has a good reputation, then you would have to go with that but with confidence barring an honest mistake. If the vendor is not the breeder, or if a questionable type of person, then no telling.

Gibran

Mixes like this are too complicated to verify by looking. Could be why not so many responses. For it to be a blue, it will acquire a burnt nose and I THINK a black teardrop under the eye.

Regardless of its stated cross, my expectation is for the red to increase over time. How much, I don't know. Red is genetic but not so well yet understood.

Do you mind sharing the name of the breeder? Ok if you don't but what matters in this case is trust. Basically, if the vendor is the breeder and that breeder has a good reputation, then you would have to go with that but with confidence barring an honest mistake. If the vendor is not the breeder, or if a questionable type of person, then no telling.
Am currently buying this one from Douglas Dix from deerfernfarms.com and he said he only got two of these from his colleague saying he picked the two best out the clutch and is only selling one and keeping the other, I asked who was his colleague he responded saying its Hector .-. The other on has a much redder head when I saw them and he told me it was a tent that made me think of the ones from Tegusonly (Firebellys) which don't have no red bloodline but said that they are something which gaved them that look @Walter1

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Am currently buying this one from Douglas Dix from deerfernfarms.com and he said he only got two of these from his colleague saying he picked the two best out the clutch and is only selling one and keeping the other, I asked who was his colleague he responded saying its Hector .-. The other on has a much redder head when I saw them and he told me it was a tent that made me think of the ones from Tegusonly (Firebellys) which don't have no red bloodline but said that they are something which gaved them that look @Walter1
I have no firsthand experience with Hectorshabitat but have heard only positive reviews here.

Why not contact Hector, then, and ask about this cross and what you might expect to see in an adult?

Gibran

I have no firsthand experience with Hectorshabitat but have heard only positive reviews here.

Why not contact Hector, then, and ask about this cross and what you might expect to see in an adult?
Was just about to do that lol thank you for giving as much information as you could in helping me @Walter1

Gibran

Hey Walter I was wondering how would I tell if it's a Blue X Chacoan and not a Blue X B/W :( I never seen a Blue X Chacoan with a green head like hers makes me think it's Blue X B/W maybe the breeder got the tegu mixed up or some any information on how I can indentify would be great! Look at this photo from hector don't they look alike? @Walter1

Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The problem with Chacoan is that many a black and white have those traits raising the question- is Chacoan real and mixed or is Chacoan just part of the black and white variation.

Gibran

Mhhh .... But don't they look alike and he said he got it from Hector too so it makes me think maybe they got it mixed up in a clutch or they are being untruthful cause it does seem to look like a Blue X Red X B/W that Hector has and Hector had said he only has hybrids of right now @Walter1

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mhhh .... But don't they look alike and he said he got it from Hector too so it makes me think maybe they got it mixed up in a clutch or they are being untruthful cause it does seem to look like a Blue X Red X B/W that Hector has and Hector had said he only has hybrids of right now @Walter1
Well, in that case you have a question that needs an answer that Hector should have. Follow the paper trail from deer and see what Hector can tell you. If honest, should jibe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam